In order to be able to sell (transfer) a property in Greece, the owner/seller should devote the necessary time and effort (or assign the job to a professional), in order to issue and compile a number of necessary certificates and documents needed.
- Tax Clearance
- Certificate by a civil engineer regarding the zoning and planning legality of all contracts regarding the transfer of properties, even unfinished ones.
- Certificate of Energy Efficiency for every property with a surface area greater than 50 sq.m.
- If the property is leased, an affirmation (Law 2238/94), stamped by the Tax Authority, or a relative certificate.are required.
- Affirmation, stamped by the Tax Authority (Law 2459/97).
- Two copies of the person’s ID card.
- One copy of the annual tax clearance by the Tax Authority.
- Property Ownership Title (Contract of Ownership)
- Building Permit
- Layout of the property with an affirmation under the Law No.651/77, by an engineer. If the purchase is being concluded with a bank loan, a stamped top view of the property is also needed.
- Certificate of Local Real Estate Duty by the Municipality where the property is located.
- Lease contract, if the property is leased.
- When the property is a product of inheritance, parental benefit or donation, a certificate that there is not tax owed, needs to be issued by the respective Tax Authority.